7 Signs You Might Have Eye Cataracts
Cataracts cause a distinctive, cloudy appearance over the lens of the eye. If left unaddressed, it can be difficult to work or do the things you enjoy. While the cloudy lens is a primary indicator that you are developing this condition, it is not the only one. Our optometry team at Overlake EyeCare in Bellevue can detect the early stages of cataracts and treat them. Recognizing the early signs of cataracts can help you take action before your vision is impacted.
Warning Signs of Eye Cataracts
Any of the below signs could indicate that you are having a vision problem related to cataracts. If you are experiencing more than one of these, it is essential that you seek out medical attention from our optometry specialists to help preserve your sight.
- Cloudy Vision: It may feel like you are looking through a dirty window
- Enhanced Light Sensitivity: If you are already sensitive to light, cataracts could be to blame
- Increasing Problems with Night Vision: If you have cataracts, you will have trouble seeing at night or drive
- Seeing Halos or Rings: Lights and lamps seem to be casting a halo or ring
- Increased Need for Bright Lights: You may need more and more light to read, cook, or enjoy a hobby
- Color Vision Problems: Seeing yellowed or faded colors instead of vibrant ones
- Double Vision: Seeing dual images in one or both eyes
Cataracts are known to cause subtle vision changes. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, schedule an appointment with your eye doctor to determine if you are developing cataracts. The earlier your vision problem is caught, the easier it is to address and treat.
Start Your Eye Care Treatment for Cataracts Today
Most cataracts can be easily treated with minimally invasive surgery and patients have excellent outcomes. You don’t have to struggle to drive, read, or see with cataracts. Get in touch with our team at Overlake EyeCare in Bellevue today by calling (425) 643-2020 if you suspect you have a vision problem.